Date:      Wed, 10 Nov 1999 11:46:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        Christian Kuhtz <ck@arch.bellsouth.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: scheduled downtime for cvsup5

Christian Kuhtz wrote:

> I need to bring cvsup5.freebsd.org (cvsup.adsu.bellsouth.com) down
> for up to 48hours to perform some urgent maintenance.

Thanks for letting us know in advance!

> Can we temporarily point cvsup5.freebsd.org to one of the other
> servers?  If so, which one?

Let's use cvsup7.freebsd.org.  It's well-connected and underutilized.

> I can repoint the CNAME as well, that's probably easiest for me to
> undo since I own the adsu.bellsouth.com zone.

That sounds good to me.  Then we don't have to wait in case David
Greenman is traveling or otherwise unavailable.  Feel free to go
ahead and change it to point to cvsup7.freebsd.org whenever you're
ready.

John
---
  "No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up."        -- Nora Ephron