Date:      Tue, 16 Sep 1997 14:54:55 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb>
To:        root@bmccane.uit.net (Wm Brian McCane)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SKIP

Wm Brian McCane wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> 	I asked about VPN's a few weeks ago and was referred to the SKIP
> project.  Now, I have a customer that wants to setup a VPN between to
> locations because a F/Relay connection costs about 3 times what ISPs charge
> for 128K ISDN in their areas.  Anyway, I am getting ready to look at porting
> SKIP to 3.0 and was wondering if someone on this list might have already done
> this, or even have started on it.  Basically, I hate to duplicate the work,
> but I need it within the next 2-3 weeks.  (God I hope it actually works 8).

	if it does not work out,
	you can bail on SKIP and use swIPe.
	TIS's guantlet firewall's used swIPe.
	be careful of copyright restrictions.

	ftp://ftp.csua.berkeley.edu/pub/cypherpunks/swIPe/

	hmmm....copyright looks fine, ala FreeBSD
/*
 * The author of this software is John Ioannidis, ji@cs.columbia.edu.
 * Copyright (C) 1993, by John Ioannidis.
 *
 * Permission to use, copy, and modify this software without fee
 * is hereby granted, provided that this entire notice is included in
 * all copies of any software which is or includes a copy or
 * modification of this software.
 *
 * THIS SOFTWARE IS BEING PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR
 * IMPLIED WARRANTY. IN PARTICULAR, THE AUTHOR DOES MAKE ANY
 * REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND CONCERNING THE
 * MERCHANTABILITY OF THIS SOFTWARE OR ITS FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR
 * PURPOSE.
 */

jmb