Date:      Thu, 06 Apr 2000 11:11:12 +0200
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@peedub.muc.de>
To:        Steve Bishop <steveb@veriohosting.com>
Cc:        Lars.Koeller@Uni-Bielefeld.DE, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: xperfmon++-3.0

Steve Bishop writes:
>After hacking up a couple of files, I was able to get xperfmon++-3.0 to
compile under FreeBSD 4.0-STABLE.

>For one, I had to change line 893 to use "ad" instead of "wd".  After I got
>the program successfully compiled, I found that it completely uses up all
>CPU time.
>
>I guess the timing of the interrupts for callbacks must be much too frequent.

This is very strange because I never had to touch a thing to get this
working under 4.0 when it was -current (with adX disks) or under
5.0-current (with daX-disks). Maybe "wd" is no longer an alias for "ad",
I don't know.

I run xperfmon++ all the time and _never_ see any high CPU load as a
result, even using 1 second updates. Have you tried setting the interval ?

---
Gary Jennejohn / garyj@muc.de gj@freebsd.org