Date:      Mon, 19 Jun 2000 16:03:08 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dean Brundage <Dean.Brundage@EBay.Sun.COM>
To:        mlarsen@tech-nic.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-small@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ntpd on picobsd fails to build

>Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2000 08:23:51 +0200
>From: Michael Larsen <mlarsen@tech-nic.net>
>To: Dean Brundage <Dean.Brundage@EBay.Sun.COM>
>CC: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
>Subject: Re: ntpd on picobsd fails to build
>
>You might want to remove:
>---
>special ntpd srcdir /usr/src/contrib/ntp/ntpd
>---
>from your cronf.conf file .....
>If you HAVE to add anything, it could be somethig like:
>srcdirs /usr/src/contrib
>or..
>srcdirs /usr/src/contrib/ntpd

Thanks.  I had tried that, but with the same results.

PicoBSD build -- Current parameters:

        1.  Type: router
        2.  MFS size: 820 kB
        3.  Language: en
        4.  Site-info:
-> We'll use the sources living in /usr/src

-> I hope you have checked the ../router/PICOBSD config file...

-> Preparing kernel...
kernel:                  50.7% -- replaced with kernel.gz
-> Preparing MFS filesystem...
disklabel: ioctl DIOCWLABEL: Operation not supported by device
Warning: Block size restricts cylinders per group to 6.
Warning: 2456 sector(s) in last cylinder unallocated
/dev/rvn0c:     1640 sectors in 1 cylinders of 1 tracks, 4096 sectors
        0.8MB in 1 cyl groups (6 c/g, 12.00MB/g, 288 i/g)
super-block backups (for fsck -b #) at:
 32
-> Populating MFS tree...
-> Making and installing crunch1...
crunchgen: ./crunch1.conf: ntpd: warning: could not find any .o files
crunchgen: ./crunch1.conf: ntpd: error: no objpaths specified or calculated
crunchgen: ./crunch1.conf: ntpd: ignoring program because of errors
Run "make -f crunch1.mk objs exe" to build crunched binary.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/release/picobsd/router/crunch1.
--> Error 1 code crunch
Error while building ../router/crunch1...
-> Aborting ./stage1

watchtower:/usr/src/release/picobsd/build# cat ../router/crunch1/crunch.conf
#
# $FreeBSD: src/release/picobsd/router/crunch1/crunch.conf,v 1.8 2000/02/09
08:49:59 luigi Exp $
#
# NOTE: the string "/usr/src" will be automatically replaced with the
# correct value set in 'build' script - you should change it there

# other sources
srcdirs /usr/src/bin
srcdirs /usr/src/sbin/i386
srcdirs /usr/src/sbin
srcdirs /usr/src/usr.bin
srcdirs /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin
srcdirs /usr/src/usr.sbin
srcdirs /usr/src/libexec
srcdirs /usr/src/contrib/ntp
srcdirs /usr/src/contrib
# sources for ns & vm
srcdirs ../../tinyware

progs oinit mount umount
progs kill sysctl
progs ls cat df cp rm
progs hostname w
progs sps vm
progs date adjkerntz
progs arp ifconfig
progs route ping ns
progs ipfw
progs more syslogd msg
progs minigzip
progs ntpd

ln minigzip gzip
ln sps ps
ln ns netstat
ln vm vmstat
ln msg dmesg
ln w uptime

libs -lncurses -lmytinfo -lipx -lz -lpcap -lalias
libs -ledit -lutil -lmd -lcrypt -lmp -lgmp -lm -lkvm
libs -lgnuregex -ltelnet

--Dean
Unscrambler of eggs.
IT Ops aka ITPS aka SunIT aka SunIR aka ENS aka Desktop Support