Date:      Tue, 22 Apr 2003 15:05:26 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        Ernesto Antonio Lira Castro <lcastro@aix.ver.ucc.mx>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports behind proxy

On Tuesday 22 April 2003 02:51 pm, Ernesto Antonio Lira Castro wrote:
> Hello list!
>
> I have a doubt, how can i install ports via command line (shell) when
> i'm behind a proxy instead of using /stand/sysintall

If you have the port locally as a package, you only have to add the
package from the directory containing the package using something like

pkg_add "full package name including extension".

Pkg_add doesn't care about the proxy. Most of this is convered in the
Handbook.

Sysinstall sort of bypasses the port system and causes problems later.
Using the port system immediately doesn't have any problems. You may
have to fight getting cvsup to work through your proxy but that is all
I can think of.

You just have to have a /usr/ports/INDEX that is consistent with your
packages. In order to maintain the ports, you have to be able to cvsup
ports-all and remake INDEX.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart