Date:      Fri, 8 Oct 1999 15:25:44 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Reinier Bezuidenhout <rbezuide@oskar.nanoteq.co.za>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   pcm sound delays

Hi ...

Im running 4.0-CURRENT of a few weeks ago, I've got a ESS1869 soundcard,
which seems to be working reasonably well with the newpcm.

What I am though experiencing is some delay in sound .... e.g. xgal
(xgalaga) and a few other splications.  The sound is not in sync with
the application. When I quit/kill the application sound is sometimes
still generated for quite a few second after the application has
died.

Anyone got any ideas what causes this and maybe how to fix it ???

Thanks
Reinier