Date:      Wed, 14 Mar 2007 08:35:25 +0000
From:      Yann Golanski <yann@kierun.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Don't buy AMD products (was Re: Xorg and ATI card query.)

--wRRV7LY7NUeQGEoC

Quoth Nikolas Britton on Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 14:58:34 -0500
> We need to start hounding on AMD to publish the developer
> documentation for all radeon chipsets. I for one will not buy any AMD
> or ATI components until they decide to fix the problem.

It is not a problem but a marketing decision we know nothing about.  I
have seen Linux drivers, Windows drivers and Mac drivers from their
site.  I am sure that if we asked in a reasonable and polite fashion we
could convince them to release the drivers for *BSD -- or make the Linux
ones in such a way that they work on *BSD. =20

Hounding them is not going to help.  It will harm our cause.

> Give him your two cents.

Please, do not do that.  It will hinder.

--=20
yann@kierun.org                  -=3D*=3D-                      www.kierun.=
org
    PGP:   009D 7287 C4A7 FD4F 1680  06E4 F751 7006 9DE2 6318

--wRRV7LY7NUeQGEoC

--wRRV7LY7NUeQGEoC--