Date:      Mon, 19 Aug 2002 15:34:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Baby Peanut <baby_p_nut@yahoo.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   using "dialog" in ports is for bitches

Why on earth is "dialog" used to configure ports?

This is a BSD system not Linux. See http://www.linuxisforbitches.com

Does the kernel use dialog?  No, it uses a config file.  Why?  Because dialog
is for bitches (and dumb ones at that.)

Type "portupgrade -ra".  Go away come back later.  Find the system prompting
for input rather than having completed the job.  How pathetic.

Find that your printer is not configured by default.  Every you upgrade
ghostscript you must not only hang around while the package is being configured
you must press the down arrow over and over while reading the printer names in
order to find your printer.  Since dialog is for bitches it does not even let
you do automatic searching for your printer name.

If I wanted to use Linux I know where to find it.  I want to know where to find
BSD since it appears to be dying.