Date:      Fri, 12 Jun 1998 20:59:28 +0200
From:      Harold Gutch <logix@foobar.franken.de>
To:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   problems compiling i4b 00.62

Hi,

well, after having major problems getting i4b 00.61 to work, even
with an AVM Fritz! card, I downloaded 00.62 today, installed it
and added the new options for the Sedlbauer card to my kernel
configfile configfile, as i wanted to try i4b with my Teledat 100.

When compiling the kernel, i got the following errormsg:
i4b_isic.o: Undefined symbol `_isic_attach_sws' referenced from text segment
*** Error code 1

As I havent ever modified anything in my kernel-sources myself, I
just had a look, and commented out lines 421 - 425 in
/usr/src/sys/i4b/layer1/i4b_isic.c.
Compiling then worked fine, but I guess that this will break things
and i4b will not work at all afterwards. As I dont have the time
to test stuff today, I didnt even reboot and test, if I dont know
more by tomorrow, I will test it then, as soon as I have the time :).

When editing i4b_isic.c i noticed that isicprobe() does not
do a isic_probe_sws(), what I would expect it to do. After
modifying the parts a bit, i got an "Undefined symbol
_isic_probe_sws ..." error when compiling.
Are these parts simply missing in the source-tree or is this the
way it's meant to be (sws not being probed) ?

--
bye, logix

<Shabby> Sleep is an abstinence syndrome wich occurs due to lack of caffein.
Wed Mar  4 04:53:33 CET 1998   #unix, ircnet