Date:      Fri, 14 Aug 1998 01:21:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "J. Han" <hjh@best.com>
To:        g-nakai@internetsolutions.co.jp (=?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQ2YwZhsoQg==?= =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCOSxHbhsoQg==?=)
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: gettext

Now I've learned that there is a port of gettext, I have a few questions:

- What ports other than GNOME take advantage of gettext?  Usually
ports have gettext configure option commented out (in the patches).

- Current port uses 0.10 dated 1995-12-04 whereas the latest
version is 0.10.32 dated 1998-04-30 available from alpha site.
Any plans to upgrade?  The latest one compiles cleanly.

- Maybe I should ask it in -hackers:
I think Solaris has gettext in libc.  Is there any plan to have
BSD gettext in our libc or in some other library?

TIA,
	J Han	hjh@best.com