Date:      Mon, 22 Apr 2002 22:08:49 +1000
From:      Ian Pulsford <ianjp@optusnet.com.au>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: how do I turn off all freebsd demons?

"Matthew N. Dodd" wrote:

> On Sun, 21 Apr 2002, Paul Traina wrote:
> > I am a Christian, and I have been informed that FreeBSD invokes the
> > power of the devil through demons.  I wish to sanctify my operating
> > system and exorcise all these demons.  Can you tell me how?
> >
> > See below...
> > http://members.truepath.com/objective/propaganda.html
>
> If we've got a hookup with the dark one how come our marketshare is so
> low?

That's what Beasty wants everyone to believe.

A discussion about BSDs arose on my local Unix user group mailing list
(www.humbug.org.au) which is normally dominated by people asking Linux
configuration questions.  Over the next few days some numbers of BSD
users emerged on the list to comment.  I think it shows that BSD users
tend to be quieter about what they are doing, but there are more than
there might seem to be with a cursory glance.

Ian