Date:      Mon, 06 Nov 2000 18:16:17 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Slade Edmonds <slade@smipc.net>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ep0 has extreme delay when sending ping requests

In message <Pine.BSI.4.05L.10011061555410.7188-100000@smipc.net> Slade Edmonds writes:
: Hope this will be the last of my issues.  Thanks for the pointer to -z in
: pccardd_flags.  now the interface is up, but pinging anywhere by host or
: ip hangs for a very long time before finally getting replies.  once i do
: get replies, the latency is huge (80,000 ms on average).  the only thing i
: see different between this laptop and a known freebsd box that works great
: is that the ifconfig on my laptop shows no media type.

This smells like the classic IRQ misconfigured problem.  I usually see
in the 1ms range for ping times.

Warner