Date:      Fri, 10 Aug 2007 04:59:28 +1000
From:      Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@optushome.com.au>
To:        Frank Griffith <glassdude45@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Upgrading X Issue

--KdquIMZPjGJQvRdI

Please wrap lines at 80 characters and don't top-post.

On 2007-Aug-09 04:01:29 -0700, Frank Griffith <glassdude45@yahoo.com> wrote:
>something in the error messages about my /etc/X11/xorg.conf so I
>erased it as well as my /root/xorg.conf.new and then did

There are some pathname changes so your old xorg.conf file is
incompatible with your new Xorg.  Unless you have local customisations,
deleting it and re-running '-configure' is the easiest solution.

>  I was then able to startx but there is no window manger running.

By default, startx will not start a window manager - it just starts an
xterm.  You will need to create $HOME/.xinitrc to make it do more.
A sample .xinitrc is available in /usr/local/lib/X11/xinit/xinitrc

--=20
Peter Jeremy

--KdquIMZPjGJQvRdI

--KdquIMZPjGJQvRdI--