Date:      Tue, 2 Sep 2008 14:59:41 -0700
From:      "Steve Franks" <stevefranks@ieee.org>
To:        "Miguel Lopes Santos Ramos" <miguel@anjos.strangled.net>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Suspend/Resume on AMD64

If you're looking for more volunteers, I've been highly disappointed
for sometime in the lack of support for amd64, especially for suspend.
 I'm a reasonable C programmer as well, and I've got about 5 boxes
deployed to test on.  The one thing I don't have is oodles of time for
learning new stuff, I'm afraid (little feet around the house these
days...)

It's somewhat suprising that our "sever-grade" os sticks with the
lowest-common denominator for everything - don't we want terabytes of
ram?  I had enough icky experiences with linux a while back to make me
stick with freebsd, so let's flush out the feature set, a bit.

Steve