Date:      Mon, 30 Mar 1998 15:30:39 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Khetan Gajjar <khetan@iafrica.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DHCP server giving out "wrong" addresses

On Mon, 30 Mar 1998, Khetan Gajjar wrote:

> On Sun, 29 Mar 1998, Doug White wrote:
>
> >See http://home.san.rr.com/freebsd/dhcp.html; someone solved this problem
> >for you.
>
> My question was concerned with Win95 client's being served by
> isc-dhcp2 on a FreeBSD box. The above document (while interesting
> reading) concentrates on booting a FreeBSD box via DHCP. Different
> problems.

My bad, sorry.  I'm familiar with your problem, however, but it shouldn't
be one.  I would expect TCP programs to run a nameserver lookup against
their own IP to get the correct name.

(you're looking at winipcfg's idea of what the name is.  We have tons of
computers who think they are DEFAULT.uoregon.edu but they work fine.)