Date:      Tue, 05 Dec 2000 11:11:13 -0500
From:      Mark Coletti <mcoletti@clark.net>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        roam@orbitel.bg
Subject:   Re: ports collection CVS tags broken

On Tue, 05 Dec 2000 13:48:47 +0200, Peter Pentchev wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 04, 2000 at 08:11:59PM -0500, Mark Coletti wrote:
> > Doing a CVS update for the tags RELENG_4 and RELENG_4_1_1_RELEASE
> > yields empty directories.
> >
> > Cheers!

> As George Reid said, you are using the wrong tags.  To be more specific,
> here's a quote from /usr/share/examples/cvsup/stable-supfile:

  [...]

> I'd say that was an explicit enough warning :P

  Except I was using anonymous CVS and NOT cvsUP.  So that warning is
irrelevent.  Worse yet, I **RTFM**.  **THAT IS WHAT'S BROKEN**.

  Specifically, I went here for the CVS repository and tag information:

             http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/anoncvs.html

  Using those tags yeilds the pathological behaviour I first pointed
out.

  Whoever maintains that page needs to:

  s/RELENG/RELEASE/g

Harumph,

Mark
--
Mark Coletti | mailto:mcoletti@clark.net | http://www.clark.net/~mcoletti/
    And God said, "Let there be light", and there was light. And