Date:      Mon, 8 Apr 2002 13:58:57 -0500
From:      "Erik Funkenbusch" <erikf@visi.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Staying current or stable with non-standard MTA

From: "Erik Trulsson" <ertr1013@student.uu.se>

> > Are there any other qmail users on the list that have solved this
problem?
> > I currently have a script to replace these everytime I make world, but
this
> > seems kludgy to me and would prefer a more elegant solution than the
brute
> > force approach.
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> Yes, please read the mailwrapper(8) and mailer.conf(5) manpages.

Exactly what I was looking for.  I first installed qmail several years ago
(not from ports) and have been using that ever since.  I guess I missed when
mailwrapper and mailer.conf were introduced.

> You can of course add NO_SENDMAIL=true to /etc/make.conf but there is
> really no need for that.

Indeed.  Thanks very much to everyone that replied.  I really haven't been
keeping my knowledge current with the current state of FreeBSD in quite some
time.  I always seem to be taken by surprise by every change ;)  I really
should read -stable and -current again (it's been like 4 years since I was
doing that).