Date:      Tue, 14 Dec 2004 01:18:31 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Mike Grissom <mikeyg@igalaxy.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Qmail Problems

On 2004-12-13 14:53, Mike Grissom <mikeyg@igalaxy.net> wrote:
> Mike Grissom <mikeyg@igalaxy.net> wrote:
> > I have been having a problem with qmail-send dying for a while now.
> > In the log file it says that "alert: oh no! lost spawn connection"
> > which leads me to believe the problem is with the qmail-lspawn or
> > qmail-rspawn.  I have FreeBSD 4.10-STABLE #0: Thu Nov 11 17:21:04
> > EST 2004 installed on the box.  Any ideas what could be causing
> > this?  Or how to fix this problem?
>
> Anyone have an insights to this problem?

Please don't top-post.  I've fixed your post this time, but I don't feel
like doing it for any future posts.

Regarding qmail now: It would help if you posted more details about your
setup or even the log messages in their entirety.

A quick search at google reveals that qmail people think this message
signifies an OS bug:

http://www.bsw.dk/qmail-archive/1998/msg00221.html

You may also find the following web pages of interest:

http://www.faqts.com/knowledge_base/view.phtml/aid/1749
http://citadelle.intrinsec.com/mailing/current/HTML/ml_qmail/8150.html
https://citadelle.intrinsec.com/mailing/current/HTML/ml_qmail/25931.html

HTH,