Date:      Tue, 12 Aug 1997 16:15:20 -0700
From:      "Michael T. LoBue" <LoBue@LoBueCo.Com>
To:        Richard Costine <rjc@n2k.com>, info@i2osig.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, Brian Clapper <bmc@willscreek.com>, "Brian Clapper (work)" <clapper@platinum.com>, "Chuck Murko (work)" <chuck@infonautics.com>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD support for I20

Richard,

Thanks for your message.  There are no current plans to change the
licensing terms of the I2O Specification.  While I have not read
the terms and conditions of FreeBSD software distribution and can
not specifically comment relative to the OS, I can confirm that
only those vendors with a license to develop to the I2O specification
are in a position to support I2O functionality.

This is probably not the answer you were seeking, but it is the current
situation.

Michael LoBue

At 4:40 PM -0400 8/12/97, Richard Costine wrote:
>I currently run a version of FreeBSD (2.2.2). Will the I2O spec
>eventually be made generally available for the developers of "Free"
>software, (ie. those that supply the OS source code, and therefore the
>specification to the end users of the software) or will I have to switch
>operating system platforms to a supported vendor in order to utilize the
>new hardware that is produced under this specification?

| Michael T. LoBue                          LoBue@i2osig.org |
| 404 Balboa Street                   http://www.i2osig.org/ |
| San Francisco, CA  94118                Fax:  415-751-4829 |
| Voice:  415-750-8352                                       |