Date:      Wed, 17 Apr 1996 08:53:41 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Network Coordinator <nc@ai.net>
To:        David Greenman <davidg@Root.COM>
Cc:        "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Automatic Reboots and Locking up.

>    It's "no buffer space available". Do you use NFS heavily? If so, that could
> be your problem. There are a variety of bugs in NFS that causes it to hang the
> machine when used heavily. Casual use seems to be fine, it's only when
> multiple processes start accessing files that it becomes a problem.

Well actually only one directory tree is mounted on that system, and (of
course) its the tree that is used by the WWW server. It isn't used very
often, but when it is, its hit pretty hard. I disabled it all (NFS that
is) and the 12 hr reboots (because I was sick of cold-starting it) If
mbufs clusters aren't a problem, and NFS isn't an issue, hopefully this
thing will stay up and happy.

(I even had the thing emailing me a copy of its netstat -m just before it
rebooted and verified that wasn't a problem)

Thanks for your time and insight,

Paul