Date:      Sun, 29 Jun 2014 12:12:33 -0700
From:      Harshavardhana <harsha@harshavardhana.net>
To:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@mail.turbofuzz.com>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD support being added to GlusterFS

The patches are pending review and will be pushed hopefully this week!
- can i get these installed on a Virtualbox instance and test the
failures?

Do not understand what is "poudriere" build? - is it like building
inside a chrooted environment?

The changes regarding "/var/lib" to "/var/db" are not complete with
the diff, in-fact inside the code - "DEFAULT_WORKDIR
/var/lib/glusterd" is hard-coded - and its only complete until all the
references point to "/var/db/glusterd"

I will be making these changes this week. Is "/var/db" the directory
we all agree upon for "glusterd" configuration files?

On Sun, Jun 29, 2014 at 11:22 AM, Jordan Hubbard <jkh@mail.turbofuzz.com> w=
rote:

> On Jun 27, 2014, at 12:04 AM, Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org> wrote=
:

>> For you information here is my version:
>> http://people.freebsd.org/~bapt/glusterfs.diff
>>
>> It is just missing the license bits
>>
>> if everyone here agrees I'll commit :)
>
> Unfortunately, I can=E2=80=99t get this to build under poudriere.  It bui=
lds fine outside of the build jail, but inside, it seems to get tripped up =
on the patches.  The previous version we also only got to build under poudr=
iere by committing all sorts of terrible hacks against autogen.sh.   FreeNA=
S 9.3, of course, also uses poudriere to build all its ports. :)

> Is there any chance of possibly just getting the FreeBSD-specific changes=
 folded into the git repo (e.g. upstreamed) with suitable #ifdefs so that t=
he port can be simplified a bit and hopefully made more poudriere friendly?