Date:      Sat, 16 Apr 2016 12:24:25 +0200
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        JosC <bsduser@cloudzeeland.nl>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Ports upgrade script

On Sat, 16 Apr 2016 12:14:45 +0200, JosC wrote:
> I just installed BSD 10.3 and run into a port upgrade issue.
>
> Initially I ran
>
>  >portsnap fetch
>
>  >portsnap extract
>
> and finally another*|
>
> |*|>portsnap fetch update|
>
> Running my upgrade.sh script
>
> #!/bin/sh
> cd /usr/local/etc
> svn update /usr/src
> svn update /usr/ports
> #
>
> results in following error(s):
>
> Skipped '/usr/src'
> svn: E155007: None of the targets are working copies
>
> Skipped '/usr/ports'
> svn: E155007: None of the targets are working copies
>
> Can someone tell me what I oversee here? Thanks.

Use either portsnap (binary upgrade) or svn (source upgrade) to keep
your ports collection current. In your specific case, I'd probably be
a good idea to entirely remove /usr/ports (or rename it) and start
with a fresh copy, to be obtained by _one_ of the two methods.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany