Date:      Wed, 14 May 1997 14:48:57 -0500 (CDT)
From:      trstew@ix.netcom.com
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        support@cdrom.com
Subject:   Unable to get x windows working

Help!
I have Pentium, 32MB RAM, WIN95 on 1st 1GB partition, BSD(2.1.6) on 2nd 1GB partion,Using boot manager. Running S3 3D virge graphics controller with 3D MultiSynic NEC monitor, ps/2 mouse and keyboard connection.
Unable to configure mouse using /stand/sysinstall:
recommended to use device /dev/mse0 for bus mouse, when I apply this(using any protocol setting) it reboots the PC. I have also tried other protocol and device combinations.  Please tell me if mouse,video card and monitor are supported. Would like very much to use X-windows.

Thanks,
Tim Stewart