Date:      Tue, 12 Dec 2000 09:16:06 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        DC West <dccwest@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Compared to Debian GNU/Linux?

On Monday, 11 December 2000 at 22:40:21 +0000, DC West wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Did we understand correctly that FreeBSD can run anything for Debian
> GNU/Linux on iX86 architecture?

For certain values of "anything", yes.  It's possible that some
programs might not run, but it's been a while since I've heard of
any.  Kernel modules will not run, however.

> If so, do you know of any "disadvantages" with FreeBSD compared to
> Debian GNU/Linux then??

No.

> Also, is FreeBSD pretty much the most "logical" BSD choice for
> anyone coming from Windows, currently looking into Debian
> GNU/Linux???

Coming from Windows, none of the BSDs are "logical".  I'd certainly
recommend FreeBSD, and I think you'll find it easier to install than
OpenBSD or NetBSD.

Greg
If you don't, I may ignore the reply.