Date:      Thu, 21 Feb 2002 12:47:31 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
Cc:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Perforce repo (was: Patch sets to date and timing tests with Giant out of userret.)

On Tuesday, 19 February 2002 at  0:00:19 -0800, Peter Wemm wrote:
> Julian Elischer wrote:
>> I'd prefer to be working on a branch of CVS if it weren't for the people
>> that would scream whenever I moved my merged tag up.
>> (eek eek cvsup bloat).
>> That way i would have a dozen people helping me but with my code in P4 I
>> have me and occasionally Peter.
>
> Everybody who can commit to cvs on freefall also has p4 access.

Well, I certainly missed this.

> The set of people who can help is exactly the same.  In fact, we
> even have a couple of non-comitters with access.  As I posted
> before,

When?

> the instructions are in
> http://people.freebsd.org/~peter/p4cookbook.txt, and the 'p4newuser'
> command on freefall is what is run to activate it.  If we want a
> majordomo p4-all@freebsd.org mailing list (or something like that,
> as an analog to cvs-all@freebsd.org), I can have that set up as
> well.

Am I the only person who, despite careful scrutiny, missed this
announcement?  I would have thought that this would at least have been
worth a HEADS UP and prior discussion in -core.  I've just checked my
-core archive, and though we discuss this repo from time to time,
there was nothing there to suggest that it was publicly available.

Greg