Date:      Thu, 02 Sep 1999 13:59:32 +1000
From:      Stephen McKay <syssgm@detir.qld.gov.au>
To:        Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG, syssgm@detir.qld.gov.au
Subject:   Re: SCSI surprise! (was: Softupdates reliability?)

On Tuesday, 31st August 1999, Wilko Bulte wrote:

>As Stephen McKay wrote ...
>> I'll check the drive more carefully tonight for "power terminator from BUS"
>> stuff to see if there is any possible silly stuff there.  But I think the
>> fact is that sometimes it's not safe to just pull the power plug.
>
>Maybe there is something really weird about your particular drive. I can
>only repeat my experience which is different :/

I checked the problem drive last night.  The drive was set to power its own
terminator, but the terminator is definitely off.  It can also power the
SCSI bus, but that's off too.  So, all looks normal.

I'll just assume this is a rogue drive until I see another one.  I still
don't understand how it's possible though.

Stephen.