Date:      Sat, 11 May 1996 10:28:17 +0000
From:      Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@masternet.it>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Some misc questions

Hello everybody here are the homeworks for the weekend :-)....

1) I just did a ctm upgrade till src-cur 1773...

but When I try to do a "make && make install" it fail after a few
seconds with this error...

===> include
===> include/rpcsvc
===> lib
===> lib/csu/i386
===> lib/libc
===> lib/libcompat
===> lib/libcom_err
===> lib/libcom_err/doc
===> lib/libcurses
===> lib/libedit
===> lib/libf2c
===> lib/libfakegnumalloc
===> lib/libforms
===> lib/libkvm
make: don't know how to make /usr/include/machine/pte.h. Stop
*** Error code 2

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.

I don't have any pte.h in my /usr/include/machine ... Is it my fault ?

Can I solve it ?

2) For the Linux compatibility the kernel must have options LINUX or
option COMPAT_LINUX (as I see in the last LINT) ?

3) For Mr.Hubbard : The boot floppy of the 01-05-96 seems to works quite
nice with my Sony Atapi CD cdu77. The one with 23-03-96 doesn't. Is
planned a Cdrom release for this snap ?

4) An Amiga Emulator is on the net, it has a lot of makefile options,
but not for Freebsd. It is a pity... Is there anyone working on the
porting, or I am the only person who own an Amiga here ? (The first love
is unforgettable :-)

Here are the options :

{37} /tmp/uae-0.5.3# make
Use one of the following:
make generic   -- if nothing else works
make withgcc   -- if nothing else works, but you have gcc
make solaris   -- Sun Solaris with GCC
make sunos     -- SunOS with GCC
make sgi       -- SGI IRIX 5.3, using the C++ compiler
make sgi-gcc   -- SGI IRIX 5.3, using GCC
make linux     -- Linux (X Window System)
make linux-gui -- Linux, with graphical interface; requires Tcl/Tk
make svga      -- Linux svgalib
make hpux      -- Try to use HP-SUX compiler. Use GCC if it's available.
make hpux-gcc  -- HPUX with GCC
make osf       -- DEC ALPHA with OSF/1, GCC
make netbsd    -- NetBSD ports
make aix       -- AIX on a RS6000
make bebox     -- BeOS 1.1d6
make next      -- NextStep

It can be found on sunsite.unc.edu

Thanks very much to everbody for the attention (and for patience as well
:-)

--

Regards...

| Internet:  gmarco@masternet.it      |        ,,,         |