Date:      Sat, 20 Aug 2011 13:15:09 +0200
From:      Willem Jan Withagen <wjw@digiware.nl>
To:        "stable@freebsd.org" <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Remote installing

Hi,

Today I liked to live dangerously, and want to upgrade a backups server
from i386 to amd64. Just to see if we could.
And otherwise I'd scap it and install from usb-stick.

So I have my server running amd64 build GENERIC.
export /, /var, /usr on the server to be upgraded.

But upgrading world dus have a snag already early on:

----
empty changed
         flags expected "schg" found "none" not modified: Operation not
supported
----

This is probably where some program wants to set immutable flag on
/var/tmp/empy...

But looks like NFS does not grok that.

Now I seen plenty of sugestions to do it this way, but never saw anybody
come back with this complaint....

So I must be ommiting something ??

--WjW