Date:      Sun, 5 Sep 1999 20:26:36 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Brian F. Feldman" <green@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Randall Hopper <aa8vb@ipass.net>
Cc:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: K6 Write Combining & FreeBSD

On Sun, 5 Sep 1999, Randall Hopper wrote:

> Mike Smith:
>  |> Also, I wonder if you've seen/heard of an MTRR patch for 3.2-RELEASE
>  |You could try to backport the two sets of commits I just made to the
>  |-stable branch, but you might be better off moving to -stable or to
>  |3.3-RELEASE.
>
> Ok, I might try that.  From Brian's message, it sounds like he's made some
> commits for MTRR.  Would I need those as well (or are your commits the work
> he spoke of).

It may be worth specifying that k6_mem.c should be disabled in RELENG_3 pending
further investigation of problems with the MTRR interfeace (i.e. that it can
corrupt other memory...) For now, it's unsafe.

--
 Brian Fundakowski Feldman           /  "Any sufficiently advanced bug is    \
 green@FreeBSD.org                   |   indistinguishable from a feature."  |