Date:      Wed, 23 Oct 1996 20:53:25 +0000
From:      steve@aries.bb.cc.wa.us
To:        "Eric J. Schwertfeger" <ejs@bfd.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: printing to printer on novell net

> Easiest way -
>
> 1) use JetAdmin (or whatever they're calling it now) to assign an
> IP address to the jet direct interface.
>
> 2) telnet to that IP address, and follow the help screens to turn off the
> banner.
>
> 3) add a line in /etc/hosts for the printer
>
> 4) add the following lines to /etc/printcap
>
> lp|hp4sales1|Sales HP4 Plus 1:\
>   :lp=/dev/null:rm=hp4sales1.bfd.com:rp=text:sd=/var/spool/lpd/hp4sales1:mx#0:
>
> where the rm= field is set to your printer's hostname (from step 3).

This was so helpful, but I ran into a problem.  My printjobs go
through, but no formfeed is sent at the end.  I have read printcap
101 times, and tried just about everything I can think of.  Am I
missing something easy?  I put the printcap entry exactly like you
have it (except the rm field).

Steven Prentice