Date:      Tue, 31 Jul 2018 11:41:17 +0100
From:      tech-lists <tech-lists@zyxst.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   how to make ports not install xorg or dependencies

Hello,

context: freebsd-12 r336215 arm64

I don't want xorg or X11 or any of its components installed on this
system. I install ports in the traditional way, in other words cd port
&& make config && make install. Any ports that in a generic config want
to install xorg libs, I want the no-x11 variant.

There used to be a way to enforce this no-xorg in make.conf but looking
at /usr/share/examples/etc/make.conf I can find no reference to X Xorg
x11 or xorg. I presume there's a new method. If there is, can anyone
please tell me how?

thanks,
--
J.