Date:      Sun, 18 Nov 2001 09:50:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      Cyrille Lefevre <clefevre@citeweb.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/32046: Port cleanup: x11-fonts/webfonts

The following reply was made to PR ports/32046; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Cyrille Lefevre <clefevre@citeweb.net>
To: Konstantinos Konstantinidis <kkonstan@duth.gr>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 18:49:00 +0100 (CET)

 Konstantinos Konstantinidis wrote:
 > Cyrille Lefevre wrote:
 > >
 > > it's not so simple to just check about XFREE86_VERSION at compile time.
 > >
 > > how do you handle this case for pre-build packages ?
 >
 > Simple - You don't, since NO_PACKAGE is defined because it was agreed
 > that my original interpretation of the EULA wouldn't allow distribution
 [snip]

 argh! forgot about that ;-)

 > > are you talking about getting rid of font.alias or about the -netscape-
 > > aliases ? I guess you are talking about the last one, no ?
 >
 > I'm talking about getting rid of the -netscape- aliases, ie what you
 > did. However now I really remembered why I took that decision, and I
 > changed my mind... you see other apps shouldn't be forced to have the
 > 8, 9 and 10pt sizes rendered as 11pt...

 humm! is this rendering to 11pt really needed ?

 > I did, everything looks fine, appart from this:
 >
 > 	http://www.joerg-pommnitz.de/TrueType/demo.html
 >
 > Apparently we are missing some font sizes.

 try w/ FONTLIMIT=0 and w/ a full FONTSIZES w/ you older values :(

 > I'll do some more tests and if I have something quite different from
 > your patches I'll send you the patch to test it yourself.

 ok, thanks.

 Cyrille.
 --
 Cyrille Lefevre                 mailto:clefevre@citeweb.net