Date:      Mon, 26 Aug 2002 14:21:04 -0400
From:      Lord Raiden <raiden23@netzero.net>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Changing default DNS server

	Hi all.  I've got one of my boxes that's using a DNS server that's having
some real issues right now and It's causing me no end to grief.  I'd like
to tell it to use a different set of DNS servers without having to reboot
it as I can't reboot it for the time being due to a number of processes I
have running on it.  The DNS is aquired by the machine via DHCP when it
first boots.

	So basically what I want to do is:

	1.  Change the current primary and secondary DNS servers loaded into
memory which were originally taken from DHCP while the server is running.
	2.  Specify manual DNS entries in the system for those machines unable to
pull DNS settings from DHCP.

	Thanks all.