Date:      Wed, 8 Jun 2005 15:05:50 -0400
From:      Dan Ponte <dcp1990@neptune.atopia.net>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: extremely odd wi(4) scenario

--0OAP2g/MAC+5xKAE

On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 04:16:28PM +1000, Neo-Vortex <root@Neo-Vortex.net> =
was witnessed plotting the following conspiracy:
>=20
>=20
> On Tue, 7 Jun 2005, Dan Ponte wrote:
>=20
> > I hate to reply to my own messages, but this was necessary.
> > The card is a Linksys WMP11 v2. The workstation runs
> >
> > FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE #7: Tue May 10 15:47:51 EDT 2005
>=20
> That could be the problem... -STABLE is a development branch... probobly a
> bug in -STABLE, try going back to -RELEASE (RELENG_5_4) and see if that
> fixes it.
>=20
> If it does, you might want to send a message to -hackers or -current or
> something to let them know...
>=20
> > and the server runs
> >
> > FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE-p1 #7: Tue May 17 16:15:53 EDT 2005.
> >
> > I am using WEP, but this shouldn't make a difference (I tried turning it
> > off to the same effect).
> > -Dan
Well, the machine that works is the STABLE one, and the RELENG_5_4 one
doesn't. But I don't believe that anything was changed that would cause
something of this magnitude. What could I know, though?
-Dan
--=20
Dan Ponte
http://www.theamigan.net/
"I have the world's largest collection of seashells.  I keep it
scattered around the beaches of the world ... Perhaps you've seen it.
		-- Steven Wright

--0OAP2g/MAC+5xKAE

--0OAP2g/MAC+5xKAE--