Date:      Tue, 9 Dec 1997 12:24:51 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tim Moony <timm@uniqsite.com>
To:        phil grainger <gdr@sphynx.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: is anyone using dnews

On Wed, 10 Dec 1997, phil grainger wrote:

> hi there fellow unix-guruz,
> is anyone out there running dnews news caching software on a 2.2.5 box ?
> im trying to work out ow to get it it too run "quickly" or at least quicker
> than
> it is now ...
> thanks in advance
> Phil Grainger

I am running it on 2.2.2.  Please define "quickly".
dnews works in either by request mode or in a straight pull mode.

It does not run "out of the box".  I need to change some configurations
for the paths, also I mount a big drive for /var.  It works for me.

What do you need to know?  I think it's pretty fast for me.