Date:      Sat, 16 Nov 1996 16:41:03 +0100 (MET)
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   mysterious super scsi device....

I think MAKEDEV isn't prepared yet, to use the super scsi device.

The scsi man page says,

     The -p option can be used against the "super scsi" device /dev/scsi/super
     to probe all devices with a given SCSI lun on a given SCSI bus.  The bus
     can be selected with the -b option and the default is 0.  The lun can be
     selected with the -l option and the default is 0.	See scsi(4) for a de-
     scription of the "super scsi" device.

So it should be possible for me, to re-probe for a tape device
after reboot, if I forgot to power on the tape.

But what devices are all needed for this super scsi feature.
Only /dev/scsi/super ? Which major minor numbers ?

Thanks for any advice. BTW, this should definitively go into 2.2,
if MAKEDEV would be fixed ...

	Andreas ///

andreas@klemm.gtn.com         /\/\___      Wiechers & Partner Datentechnik GmbH
   Andreas Klemm          ___/\/\/         Support Unix -- andreas.klemm@wup.de
pgp p-key  http://www-swiss.ai.mit.edu/~bal/pks-toplev..html  >>> powered by <<<
ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/system/Printing/aps-491.tgz  >>>    FreeBSD <<<