Date:      Tue, 29 Jun 2010 11:24:21 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        c.jayachandran@gmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-mips@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Merging 64 bit changes to -HEAD

In message: <AANLkTilQIqF4FCfgLdVcKdcsAUVjCmr89Lu0TEXUFdYN@mail.gmail.c=
om>
            "Jayachandran C." <c.jayachandran@gmail.com> writes:
: On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 2:28 AM, Luiz Otavio O Souza <lists.br@gmail.=
com> wrote:
: >> Thanks for the the update. Looks like pmap_map for kernel is faili=
ng,
: >> may be the new tlb_update code causes this. =A0Can you apply the
: >> attached patch and see if the problem still persists, it replaces =
the
: >> new tlb_update code with the older version.
: >>
: >> Obviously not a fix, but if we can narrow it down to this function=
,
: >> fixing will be easier.
: >>
: >> JC.
: >> <try.diff>
: >
: > JC,
: >
: > This fix the problem ! Thanks ! Now, at least, you know where to lo=
ok :)
: =

: The new tlb_update does not seem to update the tlb entry if the tlbp
: fails.  Here's a patch that should make the new function behave like
: the older one.  The patch is in attached file 'tlb-update.diff'.
: =

: If that does not work, I'm not sure what the issue is.  You could als=
: try try the nop-change.diff attached. It tries to switch the ssnop
: used for delay in the new code with 'nop' which was used by the old
: code.

ssnop is a mips32r2/mips64r2 addition.  We likely need to get smarter
about the nop stuff, based on the CPU we configure.  I can't recall if
the Atheros is misp32 or mips32r2.  IIRC, the idt RC32434 is mips32,
as is the adm5120...

Warner