Date:      Wed, 2 Jan 2002 16:31:24 +0200
From:      "Nadir@Attractive" <nadir@attractive.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Commercial SQL for FreeBSD

Hi all,

For the past 2 years we have been using We use FAMP (FreeBSD, Apache,
MySQL, PHP) to power our commercial sites, and it has been going just
fine. During these two years, though, we're expanded and we would like
to use a commercial SQL solution for us and our customers.

We use FreeBSD as the main OS for our servers, and since you asked, we
don't want to use anything else :)

Which of the following solutions would run on FreeBSD natively and would
give us the quality product we're seeking:

1) Oracle
2) IBM DB/2
3) Sybase
4) PostgreSQL

Apart from the MySQL part, we don't want to change anything; that is,
the FA_P remains the same.

If anyone have had and has any experience with any of the above
products, please let me know and if you can recommend any other
solution, I'd be glad to hear.

Thanks alot in advance.

Nadir