Date:      Sat, 28 Apr 2012 11:20:48 +0700
From:      Erich Dollansky <erichfreebsdlist@ovitrap.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, Frank Shute <frank@shute.org.uk>
Cc:        David Brodbeck <gull@gull.us>
Subject:   Re: editor that understands CTRL/B, CTRL/I, CTRL/U

Hi,

On Saturday 28 April 2012 09:23:26 Frank Shute wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 02:33:29PM -0700, David Brodbeck wrote:
> >

> Reminds me of an episode of "The Office".

sounds more like real life to me.

> The manager gets a pile of resumes/CVs and immediately bungs half of
> them in the trash.
>
> His reasoning: he doesn't like employing "unlucky" people :)

we have been called once to assist a MNC you all know with a simple software problem problem. A guy from India was working on the problem since weeks, months or years without result.

When I asked him for the sources, he showed me the executable.

You think now that this was a misunderstanding. No, he thought that the executable is what is needed to debug the program. He could not show me the source code of the executable.

I could not stop laughing what did not make the people very happy there.

Erich