Date:      Mon, 08 Jan 2001 20:51:04 -0600
From:      blaz <blaz@satx.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ipfw logging

greetings, I

i have the following in /etc/syslog.conf:

!ipfw
*.*                                             /var/log/ipfwlog

when i do some testing to see about logging, when I try
to ftp from a paticular site to mine (its been blocked), I
get the response I was looking for in the log file.

When I try to connect to a server like icq, which I
am blocking at this time, I don't get any ipfw info
in my log.. same thing with pings which are being
denied, but not logged.. not sure why this is..

do I need a ipfw statement to log everything?
if so what would that syntax be?  much appreciated.