Date:      Thu, 30 Jul 2015 10:33:45 -0400
From:      Nikolai Lifanov <lifanov@mail.lifanov.com>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ldconfig slow on HEAD?

On 07/30/15 08:00, freebsd-emulation-request@freebsd.org wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 29, 2015, at 08:47, Nikolai Lifanov wrote:
>> > Hello!
>> >
>> > For the last couple of weeks or so (I can't nail the exact revision
>> > because I didn't think much of it then), ldconfig from /compat/linux
>> > (linux_base-c6) has been very, very slow. It sits there consuming 100%
>> > of one CPU core for a few minutes. This is severe when
>> > installing/uninstalling several linux_* packages.
>> >
>> > My system is otherwise idle.
>> > Let me know if I can provide better diagnostic information.
>> >
> Have you tried rolling back to just before the 64bit linuxulator bits
> went in?

This wasn't an issue for a long time after lemul branch merge to head.
This also doesn't happen in stable/10 if I merge these changes into it.

No problem:
pure 10.2-RC1
10.2-RC1 with stable/10 kernel with lemul merged
10.2-RC1 with stable/10 kernel with lemul merged and linux64.ko loaded

Big problem:
recent head with linux64.ko loaded
recent head without linux64.ko loaded

- Nikolai Lifanov