Date:      Fri, 7 Mar 2008 21:05:31 +0100
From:      "Ivan Voras" <ivoras@freebsd.org>
To:        "Adrian Penisoara" <ady@ady.ro>
Cc:        freebsd-database@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Preparing an Oracle Database XE port/package -- any tips ?

On 07/03/2008, Adrian Penisoara <ady@ady.ro> wrote:

> Let's not forget about the Oracle 8i installation section in the FreeBSD
> Handbook [1] which could surely benefit from updating (8i is desupported
> since a ling time). I would be glad to help (re)writing such stuff, as time
> permits.
>
> [1]
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/linuxemu-oracle.html

I cannot contribute since I don't use Oracle (I'm interested because
running Oracle is a sort-of rite of passage - people look at an OS
differently if it can run Oracle :) ), but I can do a part of the
logistics - I can put the resulting text in the official wiki, find
someone to convert it and add to the handbook, etc.