Date:      Thu, 21 Jan 2010 15:53:23 +0100
From:      Willem Jan Withagen <wjw@digiware.nl>
To:        FreeBSD Stable Users <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: run_interrupt_driven_hooks: still waiting... for xpt_config

Willem Jan Withagen wrote:
> I'm trying to revive an old dual optern Tyan Tomcat S2875 board. Even
> upgraded it to the most recent BIOS. But still no go.
> Both with 8.0 and 7.2 RELEASE.
>
> I've also disabled P1394 and all USB in the BIOS, that did not work either.
> Only thing that is "extra" in the box is a an Areca 1120 controller.

Moved the bootable disk to an default SATA port on the MB, and removed
the Areca controller.
That gets ride of the problem, but it also creates a new problem since
I'd like to use the controller to handle a bunch of backup-disks.

Suggestions on how to get the Areca controller passed the xpt_config
test are welcomed.

--WjW