Date:      Wed, 19 Jan 2011 21:59:28 +0100
From:      Jan Henrik Sylvester <me@janh.de>
To:        questions-list freebsd <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Hajimu UMEMOTO <ume@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   ldap with GSSAPI using security/cyrus-sasl2 with security/heimdal?

Earlier I tried GSSAPI authentication for ldap against heimdal in
8.1-RELEASE base and failed. Now I tried again with security/heimdal.

I got:

security/heimdal
security/cyrus-sasl2 with HEIMDAL_HOME=/usr/local/
net/openldap24-server with WITH_SASL

When I first tried "ldapmodify -Z -Y GSSAPI -I -D <CRED> -H
ldap://<FQDN>", I got:

ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Unknown authentication method (-6)
         additional info: SASL(-4): no mechanism available: No worthy
mechs found

In /var/log/auth.log, I found for slapd and ldapmodify:

unable to dlopen /usr/local/lib/sasl2/libgssapiv2.so.2:
/usr/local/lib/sasl2/libgssapiv2.so.2: Undefined symbol
"gss_nt_service_name"

I found this discussion:
http://www.mail-archive.com/heimdal-discuss@sics.se/msg00126.html

Not sure what might be wrong with configure, I added the following line
to config.h after running "make configure" and before "make":

#define HAVE_GSS_C_NT_HOSTBASED_SERVICE 1

With security/cyrus-sasl2 compiled that way, I do not get the "Undefined
symbol" starting slapd anymore.

Now ldapmodify gives me:

ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Other (e.g., implementation specific)
error (80)
         additional info: SASL(-1): generic failure: GSSAPI Error:  No
credentials were supplied, or the credentials were unavailable or
inaccessible. (unknown mech-code 0 for mech unknown)

I am out of ideas. Do I even have the ldapmodify command correct? (I
tried with "-U u:<USER>" and "-X u:<USER>", too.)

Is security/cyrus-sasl2 supposed to work with GSSAPI from security/heimdal?

How should the undefined symbol be fixed properly? Is there anything
more to fix with cyrus-sasl configure?

Thanks for any ideas,
Jan Henrik