Date:      Wed, 14 Oct 2009 08:28:27 +0200
From:      Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Andriy Gapon <avg@icyb.net.ua>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.ORG, Anonymous <swell.k@gmail.com>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: zfs boot vs loader

--Pk6IbRAofICFmK5e

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 01:46:37PM +0300, Andriy Gapon wrote:
>=20
> Thanks to all who replied!
> I think that I figured it out with your help.
>=20
> 'unload' does indeed unload zpool.cache and the latter is needed for prop=
er zfs
> root mounting.
> 'boot /other/kernel' executes some loader scripts and zpool.cache gets lo=
aded in
> this case (because of the settings in defaults/loader.conf).
> When doing manual 'load xxx' and then just 'boot' no loader scripts are e=
xecuted
> and zpool.cache does not get loaded. In this case one has to load it manu=
ally
> using the suggested 'load -t xxx' approach.

Could you repeat what you were doing but with vfs.zfs.debug set to 1
from the loader? You should see some messages about missing file, maybe
we should do them visible always and not after increasing debug level?

--=20
pjd@FreeBSD.org                           http://www.FreeBSD.org

--Pk6IbRAofICFmK5e

--Pk6IbRAofICFmK5e--