Date:      Tue, 05 Sep 2000 10:23:10 +0200
From:      "Jose M. Alcaide" <jose@we.lc.ehu.es>
To:        Neal Delmonico <ndelmonico@cableone.net>
Cc:        dirk@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: lyx-1.1.5.1

Neal Delmonico wrote:

> I can't seem to compile this version on either of my computers running
> FreeBSD 4.1.  The compile gets to menus.o and registers a "gettext"
> error and dies.  Any idea why this it?  The previous version compiled
> and installed just fine.

There is a problem with gmake running the configure script twice; the
second run overwrites src/Makefile with a new one which does not contain
any reference to libintl.

Try to comment out "USE_GMAKE=yes" in the port's Makefile, then type
"make" and LyX will be built. After that, restore the port's Makefile
to its original state and type "make install" (unfortunately, the
install stage fails is make(1) is used, but it works with gmake).

-- JMA
****** Jose M. Alcaide  //  jose@we.lc.ehu.es  //  jmas@FreeBSD.org ******
** "Beware of Programmers who carry screwdrivers" --  Leonard Brandwein **