Date:      Thu, 17 Feb 2000 11:24:12 +0800
From:      "Tan Juay Kwang" <tanjk@pacific.net.sg>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   screen behavior, ... and also how to increase ptys beyond 256

Hi, I'm wondering howcome when I use screen, my terminal was resized to 80
columns no matter what the original setting was. Under Linux, screen just
takes whatever the original screen size settings.

I'm using Tera Term SSH and vt100 emulation to login. FreeBSD 3.4 and I
installed screen from the ports. I've checked both termcaps and the entry
for 'screen' is the same.

Also, on another unrelated issue, is it possible to increase the number of
ptys beyond 256?

Regards,
Juay Kwang