Date:      Tue, 5 Sep 2000 12:48:16 +0100
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Odhiambo Washington <vedette@iconnect.co.ke>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: /var/account

Odhiambo Washington wrote:

> Thanks, Paul for this info. What I was seeing is the size of the /var
> slice going up and up and I narrowed on this file. So could that also be
> the reason I get the message " /kernel: proc: table is full" or this is
> being caused by something else? All these issues are coming to me after
> the recent cvsup....

No, "proc: table is full" means the process table has full, that has
nothing to do with the filesystem.  Basically it means you have too many
processes running at once and you'll need to increase maxusers in your
kernel config or kern.maxproc with sysctl.

--
Ben Smithurst / ben@FreeBSD.org / PGP: 0x99392F7D