Date:      Tue, 11 Feb 1997 23:43:58 -0700 (MST)
From:      Wes Peters <softweyr@xmission.com>
To:        changho nam <chnam@hanul.hangkong.ac.kr>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   fortran compiler

changho nam writes:
 > Have anyone used a fortran compiler on FreeBSD ?
 > Could you help me how to use a fortran compiler ?

The GNU Fortran-77 compiler, g77, should configure and run on FreeBSD.
It should work with up-to-date versions of the gdb debugger as well.
The g77 distribution is essentially an add-on to gcc; you first extract
and configure gcc, then extract and add g77, then build the g77
compiler.  It's really not all that difficult.  Look on your favorite
gnu mirror; I usually go to ftp.cdrom.com:/pub/gnu these days.