Date:      Sun, 17 Apr 2005 15:05:34 -0400
From:      Damian Gerow <dgerow@afflictions.org>
To:        Tofik Suleymanov <tofik@oxygen.az>
Cc:        Jeffrey <jeffrey@hierwater.com>
Subject:   Re: promise fasttrak tx 4200

Thus spake Tofik Suleymanov (tofik@oxygen.az) [17/04/05 08:05]:
: >Does anyone know more about support for the promise fasttrak tx 4200? It
: >isn't in the current.
:
: We've got fasttrack tx2200 (the same chipset as 4400) and it not
: recognized at all on 5.3-RELEASE.
: I am also interested in any information about support of this hardware
: on RELENG_5.

Have you tried applying the ATA mkIII patchset?  I've been running with a
TX2200 for a month handling NFS (albeit, low volume) and the patchset
without any issues whatsoever, and the card is fully supported.

  - Damian